We are looking forward to welcoming you to the 50th anniversary conference of the National Foster Parent Association, Together Toward Tomorrow. Our conference is the largest gathering of foster, kinship, and adoptive parents, and child welfare professionals from around the country. You will experience a tremendous learning opportunity with the bonus of experiencing peer support from other parents who are walking together toward the future with you! You can receive your training hours, visit the capital, and explore other entertainment options, and it is an outstanding value!
This year, the conference is packed with training opportunities; there are workshops nearly every moment of your waking hours for you to select based on your interests and educational needs. If you choose to attend every training opportunity, you will secure 21 hours of training over four days.
Held at the Hyatt Regency Reston in Reston, VA, the 50th annual conference will feature developmental learning sessions focused on improving the everyday lives of the children and youth in care and their families - foster, kinship, adoptive, and birth children.
Exciting News | Conference Grand Session, Thursday, 3 PM: This year, we have developed a Grand Session in advance of the conference to provide specifically targeted education in crucial areas. The sessions will provide four workshops for specialized training in one of four areas from national experts:
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders with Barb Clark
- Kinship Navigation with Alison Caliendo
- Children Need Amazing Parents: A National Public Policy Initiative with Hope Cooper (CHAMPS)
- The Power of Positive Parenting with John DeGarmo
Together Toward Tomorrow will begin on Thursday, June 18, at 3:00 PM and continue through Sunday, June 21, at Noon. You will learn from peers, professional trainers, national spokespersons, and select government officials, including Associate Commissioner Jerry Milner, U.S. Children’s Bureau.
Celebratory Events Include:
- Walk Me Home, Walk to Support Family Foster Care
- Annual Appreciation and Awards Luncheon
- Just Desserts 50th Anniversary Gala
- Our History: A 50 Year Retrospective of the National Foster Parent Association
- Early registration ends on May 31, 2020.
- You can register after the early registration period expires or at the event for $285 per person. No discounts will be provided for any membership levels if you register in-person, or after the early-bird deadline of May 31, 2020.
- Payment must be received before arriving at the conference for all pre-registered individuals.
- If you are traveling under an approved purchase order, payment arrangements have been made, and your organization will notify you before the conference date.
- General Public Early Registration // $250: For non-members of the NFPA.
- NFPA Member Early Registration // $195: For active members of the National Foster Parent Association. Not a member? Join today, log in to your account, and then register for the conference under the NFPA Members registration option. Members may register up to two guests at the NFPA member rate, of $195 each, until May 31, 2020. If registration is not completed by May 31, 2020, members will need to register at the “on-site registration” rate.
- Maryland Resource Parent Association Standard Registration // $195: Please use your registration code provided by the Maryland Resource Parent Association. Contact MRPA
- NFPA State Affiliate Early Registration // $195: For active State Affiliate representatives. Members may register five persons at the NFPA member rate, of $195 each, until May 31, 2020. If registration is not completed by May 31, 2020, state affiliates will need to register at the “on-site registration” rate.
- On-Site Registration Standard Registration // $285: Didn't make the deadline? That's okay. Register online or on-site at the full conference rate.
- Presenter: Please use your registration code provided by the conference program committee.
- Presenter with Conference Registration Early Registration // $170: Please use your registration code provided by the conference program committee. If you wish to have an exhibit table, please register your table on the exhibitor event link using the same presenter code for $100, located here.
- Exhibitors: Please register on the exhibitor event link, located here.
The 50th Annual Conference, Together Toward Tomorrow, begins on Thursday, June 18, 2020, at 3:00 PM and ends on Sunday, June 21, 2020, at noon. See the conference page for details on when events start and end.
We are now accepting hotel reservations for Together Toward Tomorrow. Through the hotel website, you can book, modify, or cancel your hotel reservations at any time.
We look forward to seeing you at the Hyatt Regency Reston located at 1800 Presidents Street, Reston, Virginia, 20190. Please book your reservation at http://bit.ly/2020HotelReservation, rooms rates are available until May 25, 2020, or until the room block is full.
- Single/Double Occupancy: $144/Night
- Triple Occupancy: $169/Night
- Quadruple Occupancy: $194/Night
Since space is limited, workshops are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. You will be able to attend workshops as you want when you are at the conference. You will not select workshops when you register.
For planning purposes, you will receive an email survey asking your interest in specific workshops. Your information will help us plan room sizes for the workshops and do not require you to attend the chosen workshops.
The National Foster Parent Association offers scholarships to assist caregivers with expenses related to attending the conference. Be on the lookout for more information!
INVOICES AND PURCHASE ORDERS
The National Foster Parent Association welcomes government and private agencies that support families participating in our 50th Annual Education Conference, Together Toward Tomorrow. We will accept payment after the conference for governmental payers only. All agencies must provide a purchase order for the total amount for registrations. If Sharon Holman does not receive the purchase order on May 31, 2020, you will be required to adjust your rates to the “on-site registration” rate. We will send you an invoice after the conference for the persons listed on the PO or list you provided. The invoice must be paid 30 days from the date on the invoice. For registration assistance, please contact Sharon Holman by email or call 800-557-5238.
DISCOUNT FOR REGISTERING 10+
Do not use the online registration form. 10% discount when registering ten or more persons at one time and in a single payment. For group registrations, please contact Sharon Holman by email or call 800-557-5238.
Conference registration fees are refundable, minus $35 cancellation fee, through June 2, 2020. No refunds after June 3, 2020. If payment was made by credit card, the refund would be applied back to the same card. If payment was made by cash/check, a refund check would be mailed after the conference. Allow 30-days after the conference for processing of refunds. For refund assistance, please contact Sharon Holman by email or call 800-557-5238.
Email Sharon Holman by email or call 800-557-5238.