NFPA Youth Scholarship
About the NFPA Youth Scholarship
The National Foster Parent Association offers scholarships for foster youth, adopted youth, and biological youth of currently licensed foster parents, who wish to further their education beyond high school, including college or university studies, vocational/technical school or junior college. The foster parents must be members of NFPA. Five scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded during 2015.
If you would like to be notified of future scholarships please subscribe to our newsletter
How to Apply for the NFPA Scholarship
Each applicant must...
- complete the online application form (paper forms not accepted)
- submit the application and all attachments on or before March 9, 2015
- have a parent or adult that is a member of NFPA (they can join now)
- a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from: foster parents, social workers, residential center, principal/teacher/guidance counselor, employer, etc. will be required with each application.
- an essay in 300-500 words on "How my foster care experience has shaped my future goals."
- either submit the required documentation with your online form, or email all documentation as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you plan to attend College/University...
- must be in their senior year of high school (regardless of age)
- must also provide copy of high school transcript
- must return unused portion or appropriate percentage if withdrawing from college/university or does not maintain grade point averages required by the institution
If you plan to attend Vocational/Technical School or Junior College...
- must be at least 17 years of age (either in school or out)
- must return unused portion or appropriate percentage if withdrawing from course/program or is unable to maintain grade point average required by the course/program
- Application Form Open - January 5, 2015
- Application Submission Deadline - March 9, 2015
- Notice to Applicants - April 13, 2015
2014 NFPA Youth Scholarship Awardees
Congratulations to our well-deserving Youth Scholarship Awardees! The NFPA is proud of your success and wishes you the best of luck in your future! This year's awardees are:
- Justin A. - SC
- Carly D. - CA
- Catherine H. - UT
- Charles A. - TX
- Diandre S. - IL
See our Other Youth Scholarships
page for a list of great scholarship resources.
You have the opportunity to aid children and youth in foster care by your financial support, contributions, memorials, and honoraria for the Scholarship Program, in any amount, which is welcome and tax deductible.
The National Foster Parent Association is a non-profit, voluntary organization established in 1972 with tax exempt status under Section 501 (c) (3) of the internal Revenue Code. The National Foster Parent Association depends upon public donations to continue its work. You can help!
Making a donation to the NFPA Scholarship fund in secure and easy. When we receive your donation, we will send you an acknowledgment in the mail for tax purposes. Click here to make a donation to the NFPA Youth Scholarship Fund.